Saturday, June 25, 2005

DD checks in

Howdy! First I want to say that I am in awe of Brother Moe's posts. So prolific! And written after long, grueling days of rehearsal and writing. Way to go, Moe!

I am Brother Dominique Dibbell and I just wanted to check in with all you in Blogland.

The rehearsal process is always exciting, and sometimes more in a throw-up kind of way. This rehearsal process is the most exciting one I have yet experienced.

Why is that? I don't know for sure, but I think part of it is that the Brothers have had a long hiatus (7 years since our last show). We have a renewed sense of gratitude for our relationship. We also did some growing up and our play reflects it. Folks, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this play is our best one yet! It's deeper that our previous works, while continuing a tradition of hilarity and titillation!

The other factor is our director, Leigh Silverman. She is so talented, it's scary! Plus she knows just how to treat tempermental actresses.

I wish we could rehearse 24-7, that's how fun it is.

The Dyke March was great, but I am wiped out. I moved to LA 5 years ago and I am not used to walking 40 blocks on pavement anymore! I think I came in last in the contest to see who can hand out the most cards for the show. I was too wilty. Besides seeing my friends and being a part of an unignorable lesbian mass, I think my favorite part was the rolling bondage post. Those fetishists are really dedicated!

Yours,

DD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker